Re: [Rival] Microsoft's and Apple's Mistakes on Security

  • Subject: Re: [Rival] Microsoft's and Apple's Mistakes on Security
  • From: "da...punk...A!!!" <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 11 May 2007 05:05:53 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Microsoft should scrap Patch Tuesday
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | So where do we go from here? Back to the future. The value of
> | the predictability of the monthly schedule simply doesn't
> | outweigh the danger to customers posed by the flaws that go
> | unpatched for three or four weeks between cycles.

I was always baffled by the fact that MS's corporate customers wanted
a monthly patch day. Ok, I understand that it was a lot of work for
sysadmins to keep up with the constant flood of updates they had to
deal with before. But we're talking about /corporate/ customers - with
valuable data on their systems. They would prefer to have known
vulnerabilities on their computers left unpatched for up to a month
rather than hire more support staff? Crazy...