Re: What the *hell* is *this* crap???

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Thursday 10 May 2007 19:15 \__

> http://media.slated.org/albums/userpics/Microsofts_b0rken_Web.png

> ???
>
> WTF???
>
> So Microsoft are poisoning the Web with *more* proprietary crap, are
> they? Typical. How many more standards will MS bastardise before
> somebody finally pulls the plug on these fuckwits?
>
> Well I suppose that's *one* way for MS to try to stop non Windows users
> researching material from their sites, unfortunately for them Google
> seems to have found a way of translating their crap into proper HTML.
>
> Microsoft: If it ain't broke, break it.
>
> Is there some document type I can use to publish material on the Web
> that will be impossible for Windows users to read? No really, I'm
> serious. Fuck them.

It's part of the religion.

        From Microsoft's own mouth:

"For example, we should take the lead in establishing a common approach
to UI and to interoperability (of which OLE is only a part). Our efforts
to date are focussed too much on our own apps, and only incidentally on
the rest of the industry. We want to own these standards, so we should
not participate in standards groups. Rather, we should call 'to me' to
the industry and set a standard that works now and is for everyone's
benefit. We are large enough that this can work."

http://www.os2site.com/sw/info/comes/px09509.zip (Comes vs Microsoft)

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Sharks are immune to cancer
Cpu(s):  23.2% user,   2.9% system,   0.7% nice,  73.2% idle