Re: Man described as a top spammer arrested

__/ [ Lintard Luser ] on Thursday 31 May 2007 22:55 \__

>> __/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Thursday 31 May 2007 19:50 \__
>>
>>> <Quote>
>>> Robert Alan Soloway is accused of using networks of compromised
>>> "zombie" computers to send out millions upon millions of spam e-
>>> mails....
>>>
>>> Soloway used the networks of compromised computers to send out
>>> unsolicited bulk e-mails urging people to use his Internet marketing
>>> company to advertise their products, authorities said.
>>>
>>> People who clicked on a link in the e-mail were directed to his Web
>>> site. There, Soloway advertised his ability to send out as many as 20
>>> million e-mail advertisements over 15 days for $495, the indictment
>>> said.
>>> </Quote>
>>>
>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070531/ap_on_hi_te/spam_arrest
>>>
>>> Article doesn't say what OS it was that got  compromised so many times.
>>
>> It's implied. The guy isn't a computer genius.
>>
>> --
>>                ~~ Best regards
>>
>> Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Disk quota exceeded; sig discontinued"
>> http://Schestowitz.com  |    RHAT Linux     |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
>>  9:20pm  up 33 days  5:42,  9 users,  load average: 0.74, 0.89, 0.60
>>      http://iuron.com - Open Source knowledge engine project
>

> I can't wait until they arrest your worthless spamming ass.

*plonk*

Who are you anyway and how did you end up in this Linux newsgroup?

--
                ~~ Best regards

For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison,
Stalin. Thanks for tuning in.
Tasks: 156 total,   3 running, 149 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie