Re: Palm Unveils a Two-Hander

  • Subject: Re: Palm Unveils a Two-Hander
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 21:24:46 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ John Bailo ] on Thursday 31 May 2007 20:03 \__

> John Bailo wrote:
>>
>> http://www.technewsworld.com/story/57628.html
>>
>>> Many technology analysts and gadget lovers found themselves this week
>>> scratching their heads, rubbing their chins, squinting their eyes and
>>> exhibiting other signs of uncertainty about the need for, and future
>>> of, Palm's (Nasdaq: PALM) Latest News about Palm latest device, the
>>> Foleo.
>>>
>>> Billed by Palm as a "smartphone companion product," the Foleo doesn't
>>> come close to a full notebook computer in terms of power and
>>> functionality. However, because it has its own Linux Linux hosting
>>> solutions with 24x7x365 support ? Visit HostMySite.com operating
>>> system Manage remotely with one interface -- the HP ProLiant DL360 G5
>>> server. and WiFi Get the facts on wireless solutions suited to your
>>> industry. Latest News about WiFi radio, the unit is clearly more than
>>> just a monitor and larger keyboard accessory for cell phones.
>>>
>>> "The Foleo is setting itself up against a well-established product:
>>> the notebook," NPD analyst Ross Rubin told TechNewsWorld. "How it does
>>> what it does, that's different. But there is significant overlap."
>>

> Personally I think the Foleo looks like a breakthrough product for 2007.
>
> I'd spend $500 on the Foleo before I ever would spend a penny on the
> iPhoney.

Like the OLPC unit (educational tool), some people compare it to the wrong
thing. The device has a very specific purpose in mind and it suits a niche
market. For that, it's an excellent and affordable solution. For quite some
time I have had the same issues with my Palm... need to unfold a keyboard
and then find a surface, but even then, the screen is too small to write
something long and then take a good view from above.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Disk quota exceeded; sig discontinued"
  9:20pm  up 33 days  5:42,  9 users,  load average: 0.74, 0.89, 0.60