Re: Microsoft Gets Novell Linux Code Ahead Of Open Source Community

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Thursday 31 May 2007 10:37 \__

> on 31/05/07 08:25 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> They finally admit this, too. Microsoft does a lot of the
>  > anti-GPLv3 batttle from them, primarily using their proxies
>  > and the friends at the press (many 'placements' and 'studies').
>
> Were the NOVL lawyers sleepwalking when they signed this contract?
>
> Did they even READ it?

Very few people were involved (i.e. read the contract) before an urgent press
release was announced. I think the only a few top devs/execs at Novell got
to have a glimpse. They didn't like it. Jeremy was kicking himself for not
pushing the management harder to reject. They cannot retract. Andreas said
to us in the mailing list that it was irrevocable. You wonder why, eh? Maybe
that *** part was *** redacted.

Deal with a devil, right before one's eyes.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Yes, I know, but does it run Linux?"
Tasks: 142 total,   1 running, 137 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie