Re: [News] [OSS] OpenDocument Appears to be Already Defeating the Microsoft Lockin

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Why ODF is a safe bet!
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | I can't predict the future - if I could, I would play the lottery -
> | but from my point of view the ODF stars are well aligned. It's fun
> | to monitor the news because ODF news and success stories are coming
> | in on a almost daily basis. I'll keep you updated!

Micoshaft's Scareware Office products are scary for end users.
If you encorporate any of their patented technology into your products
to produce say reports, then you will sued by Micoshaft Corporation
with their patent threats.

Not so with ODF and Open Office.
You do that, you get a medal.
Open office components that produced say reports can be integrated
into your custom applications without any problems especially
as you can download the GPL'd source code to do the full integration.