Re: [News] [Linux] Microsoft Patent Claims a "Public Relations Disaster", Novell's Damage Explained

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Linux] Microsoft Patent Claims a "Public Relations Disaster", Novell's Damage Explained
  • From: Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 02:36:15 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> Windows and MS software has served me well, no doubt, but one day I might
> even put my name on there.  MS can kiss my tight ass if they think they're
> going to stop me from using any OS I want to use.
>
> If they're somehow dreaming they will collect patent royalties or license
> fees from every Linux distro vendor and user - and that seems to be what
> they're hinting - then they're just plain out of their minds.

You'd think SCO would have taught them about the effectiveness.

At best they'll get a few patsies going to Novell for SuSE licenses.

I'm wondering if Microsoft's threat simply makes them look slightly
ridiculuous to the Fortune 500 suits.