Re: [News] [Linux] New and Extensive Linux Introduction/Advocacy Page

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Linux] New and Extensive Linux Introduction/Advocacy Page
  • From: Hadron Quark <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 01:27:37 +0200
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:TOVkfuv4P7g4ubn5CKaTXq7IXro=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
"[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx> writes:

>> http://www.davestechsupport.com/ubuntufaq.html
>>
>> It's quite a good Web page, so it's worth mentioning.
>
> I love the photo of the Trojan (Bad)Bunny being pushed towards the
> (Linux) fortress!
>
> That page is indeed a pretty slick bit of Linux promotion.

I particularly enjoy the opening statement. Nothing setting the tone for
things to come. His opening trumpet blast turns into a dam squib of a
question. QA. Proof reading. All sadly lacking.

And I quote:

"The very first thing that must be understood about Linux is that is it
open-source software."

And the *main* reason for switching?

Security? No.
OSS? No.
Millions of eyes? No.
Crappy MS SW? No.

And I quote

"The bottom line for using Linux is that it will SAVE YOU MONEY"

Oh dear me.

he goes on

"Run an entire operating system for free without pirating software, and
without breaking the law"

Uh huh.

But of course its not free if Dave helps you ....

"Dual-Boot Installation: $50"

Or we could go for the "Gold package" which makes me think Dave either
doesnt need the money or he hasnt a clue about the time involved in data
migrations.

"Full Data Migration + Windows Removal: $80"

Ridiculously cheap at double the cost.