[News] [Rival] Thoughts on Vista Firewall Hype, Registry 'Solutions'

Microsoft Vista's Firewall Improved Security?

,----[ Quote ]
| I read an article by Grant Buckler of CDN title "Microsoft's hype machine
| has been at it again." The article questioned the efficacy of the
| Microsoft's Vista firewall.
`----

http://howtomarketyourstuff.com/tech-news/has-microsoft-vistas-firewall-improved-security.html

PC Windows Registry must be clean - who cares?

,----[Quote ]
| I believe almost nobody cares about this. This is because almost
| nobody knows that his/her PC even has a registry or heard about
| its influences on the computer's performance. But all PC users
| have to care: when your computer becomes much slower than it
| used to be, when its performance becomes unstable, it is notb
| ecause the computer is "tired" but most probably because its
| registry gets "dusty".
`----

http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=499235

By "computer" she means "Windows". Linux does not have these self-imposed
problems.