[News] [Rival] Blogger Waves Goodbye to 'Fat' Vista, More Pains Ahead

Goodnight Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| It's been a while since I've been around, for I have been quite
| occupied lately. Nonetheless, I have been at my computer and
| encountered some nail-biting, head-banging and severely head-ache
| invoking issues (to be honest, that last part was slightly exaggerated).
`----

http://www.ace-on-tech.com/blog/20/goodnight-vista

Windows Vista upgrades - the good news and the bad

,----[ Quote ]
| Thurrott points out that, in theory, Vista upgrade versions have
| two irritating flaws/features.
|
| First, they can't be easily used to do clean installs - you need to
| have an existing version of XP in place to install over.
|
| [...]
|
| Second downside is that if the version of XP you overwrite is a
| well-honed installation, Vista is going to undo all your good work.
`----

http://lifestyle.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=7792

Linux does not have any of these problems.