Re: Microsoft Aiding Linux Piracy

__/ [ Rafael ] on Friday 25 May 2007 19:31 \__

> Recently I read the following in a blog:
>
>> Couple months ago, Microsoft Indonesia sweeped all internet
>> cafe that using illegal copy of Windows, after that moment
>> most of internet cafe using Linux as it's operating system.
>> It's a good start to introducing Linux to Indonesian.
>>
>> Now, most of Computers store installed Linux in newly build
>> computers (including laptop).
>
> I conclude that because of Microsoft Anti-Piracy moves, shops are
> now pirating Linux on their systems!   :-)

They did the same thing in Russia and India recently.

Russian schools abandon Windows after piracy scare

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft says that the incident has nothing to do with them, but it
| appears that Russian schools in the area are so scared about being shipped
| off to a Siberian Gulag, that they are buying Linux gear instead.
|
| [..]
|
| According to Karpushin, schools would start using freely distributed
| software like the Linux OS, Russky office and Open office desktop apps,
| Ekho Moskvi reports.

Indian dealers are squealers over Microsoft piracy raids

,----[ Quote ]
| The resellers have also planned boycotts against Microsoft.
| Those participating in the strike agreed to stop all purchases
| of Microsoft products for this quarter.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/05/18/indian_tech_vendors_protest_microsoft/

They said they would move to Linux.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Previously-unsurpassed exposure makes carnation-faced men
Tasks: 130 total,   1 running, 126 sleeping,   0 stopped,   3 zombie