Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista: The Forgotten Microsoft Product

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista: The Forgotten Microsoft Product
  • From: AB <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 18:21:51 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On 2007-05-23, John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

> What MIcrosoft did wrong was create an OS that MIcrosoft and the
> entertainment industry wanted. They completely ignored what the
> customer wanted. This would be fatal to a smaller company.

It may yet prove fatal to the larger one.

A lot of people aren't just turned off of Vista. They're turning off of
MS. Vista just signified that previous concerns were valid.

I'm seeing more linux users and fielding more questions. People who
were previously hostile aren't hostile any more (most, anyway).

I'm seeing more Mac users, too. But people who aren't in the market
for, or willing to buy, new computers are less likely to move to Mac.
And that's where the majority of those I see making or considering
moves going: more toward linux, not toward Mac.

--
Vista: The ME of NT.