Re: [News] [Linux] Screenshots Gallery of the New PCLinuxOS, Another New Release in Taiwan

__/ [ croaker ] on Wednesday 23 May 2007 05:06 \__

> On Tue, 22 May 2007 08:34:10 -0700, John Locke wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 22 May 2007 15:57:25 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>PCLinuxOS 2007 [Screenshots]
>>>
>>>,----[ Quote ]
>>>`----
>>>
>>>http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=725&num=1
>>>

>>>New release of a distro from Taiwan:
>>>
>>>        http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=b2d
>>
>> Looks very nice. I wish , however, the following crap would get
>> resolved:
>>
>> "Please note: PCLinuxOS does not ship with Win32 codecs or DVD
>> decryption software. Proprietary NVIDIA and ATI drivers available
>> after hard drive install."
>>
>> Fear of being sued I guess..but its really stupid that you can't
>> watch a DVD with your new OS out of the box or have the best drivers
>> insalled for your display.
>
> most of the linux dist does this.

The exceptions are Sabayon and K-something (among others), but it's violation
of the GPL, which invited a letter from the FSF in the past.

--
                ~~ Best regards

"Fat operating systems spend most of their energy supporting their own fat."
--Nicholas Negroponte, MIT Media Lab, rediff.com, Apr 2006