Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft in a Poor State, Argue Wall Street Analysts

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ [H]omer ] on Tuesday 22 May 2007 04:44 \__

>>> Microsoft's Bid for aQuantive Indicates Desperation
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070521/36101_id.html?.v=1
>>
>> Yes, I wonder how SeÃor Lopez feels about MSFT(sic) paying *double* for
>> a company out of sheer desperation. Money well spent?
>>
>> Microsoft is so painfully inept in the services sector, that even if
>> they bought *Google*, they'd still somehow manage to screw it up. Of
>> course that's predictable, since one of the first things they'd probably
>> do would be replace all those "nasty" Linux server thingies with nice
>> new shiny-shiny Windows zombies, ahem ... I mean boxes.
>>
>>> Get in Touch with Your Private-Equity Side
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>
>> Zzzzz. Zzzzz. <snort> Zzzzzzzzzzz.
>
> You know, Red Hat (its CEO, IIRC) mentioned some of these factors of
> corruption as the reason for terrorism. National issues aside, the
> American economy is going down the drain and I am not sure a regime change
> in 2008 is enough to change this. Its own regulation (lack thereof) will
> be is own punishment.
>
> But there are reasons to be optimistic. Asia, South America and Africa
> respond in a similar fashion. Among the latest developments you can see
> Japan moving to Linux and China producing its own chips. Microsoft gets
> banned in some places in Africa and America. Payola won't be sustainable.
> If only the US government cares about the /image/ of its companies and
> role in the global industry, none of this would have happened.

The US economy had to collapse eventually, there isn't really much substance
to prop it up. They was at one time of cause, but just like britland  you
are trying to survive on service industries for the most part, there is no
substance under service industry feet, just sand. It washes away with the
next wave.