[News] [Linux] Linux Router and PBX Companies Join Forces

Vyatta and Digium Partner on Open-Source Voice and Data Networks

,----[ Quote ]
| Vyatta, the leader in open-source data communications, and Digium,
| the leader in open-source voice communications, will work together
| to make it easier for customers to purchase, deploy, and maintain
| high-quality, integrated voice and data platforms.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070521/20070521005649.html?.v=1

Related:

Open source and secret sauce

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source router outperforming Cisco device in test revives the
| "commodity" vs. "special purpose" debate
|
| [...]
|
| Marketing trumped technology, however. Competitors would say "you don't
| want to trust your network to a PC" -- even though it really wasn't a PC.
| And FUD prevailed. Today we can expect to hear the same comments made in
| reference to open source. Will they work this time?
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/columnists/2007/041107tolly.html?fsrc=rss-ibm

Comcast invests in Vyatta, open source router maker

,----[ Quote ]
| The company has raised a total of $18.5 million so far. The
| investment indicates that cable carriers are getting serious
| about chasing the small and medium sized businesses, and
| competing with the telephone companies in more than just
| consumer markets.
`----

http://gigaom.com/2007/04/01/vyatta-comcast/

University dumps Cisco VOIP for open-source Asterisk

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1646405846;fp;4;fpid;78268965