Re: [News] [] Smart People at CERN Choose Linux. As for Windows Users... Well...

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Windows users click on advert offering to infect PC for free
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Are Linux and Mac users just more wary, more educated in security
> | issues or less gullible?
> `----

That is a chicken and egg story, at least for a subset of computer users.

I wish to remove from consideration those that need to use Windows because
of some apps and the fact that there is a certain amount of vendor lockin
when it comes to those apps.

For the ones that remain, the question remains whether they are ignorant or
just stupid. The former still exist, so one should not jump to conclusions
regarding their mental capacities.

If however a certain user is aware of the alternatives, does not suffer from
an app dependence (especially if it is profession dictated), then that
person is truly stupid.

The question whether that stupidity is native and led him/her to choose
Windows or it was the other way round (no telling how many neurons get
damaged by years of exposure to Windows), is an open one.

The chicken and the egg story.