[News] [Linux] Microsoft is Not a Danger to Linux

Microsoft is not the real threat

,----[ Quote ]
| In short, Microsoft will lose a patent trench war if they start one,
| and I'm sure that cooler heads in Redmond know that.
`----

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/118

Here's Microsoft's weapon:

[Humour] Microsoft reveals new anti-Linux weapon

,----[ Quote ]
| Although Microsoft presents the P4 as their own product, it quickly
| became clear that if not the actual prototype device itself, then at
| least the functional design of the P4 had already been extensively
| alpha-tested by another well-known software company, the SCO Group.
`----

http://www.linetec.nl/linux/microsoft_p4.html

Navigating the Legal Risks of Open Source

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3678841