[News] Another Business Finds Advantages in Open Source Development

  • Subject: [News] Another Business Finds Advantages in Open Source Development
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 04:04:52 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Marketer finds good karma in using and sharing open source

,----[ Quote ]
| "With Oog, the whole concept is very inclusive. Everybody's welcome on
| OoghaBoogha Island. Everybody's welcome to come in and contribute and then
| take what they need to make their lives easier as well. That karma aspect and
| goodwill was very key to our brand. I still have my Web site, and there's so
| much we can share. It's great to be able to contribute to making somebody's
| life easier."
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/120877

New release:

WS02 upgrades open-source ESB

,----[ Quote ]
| The Apache-licensed WSO2 ESB 1.5 can run scheduled tasks and offers
| improvements for caching and performance, the company said. Message
| augmentation using standard databases is featured, as is support for a POJO
| (plain old Java object) model.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20071109/tc_infoworld/93298

Related:

Web services-based app server upgraded by WSO2

,----[ Quote ]
| WSO2 is upgrading its open source application server, which has been centered
| on Web services rather than being of the usual Java variety most common in
| this product space.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070713/tc_infoworld/90146

Sri Lanka based WSO2 makes splash at SOA World

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/fullstory.php?newsID=183828670&no_view=1&SEARCH_TERM=5