Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

On 2007-11-08, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 'Tim Funkenbusch Quark' (user harlowmonekys in Digg... yes, he nymshifts) is on

Wrong, of course.  Do you actually know what nymshifting is?  Evidently
not.

> my blocklist. From what I was able to gather, he uses the site not to read
> news. He navigates by stalking my comment and submissions (there are APIs and
> feeds for that), then modding them many of down. He admitted doing that
> blindly and systematically. Flatfish+nyms and a couple of others recently

Strike two.  For one week, I tried to mod every one of your comments
down, to check your claim that it would take hours a day to do that.  I
determined that it would take about 5 minutes a day, tops, and thus
determined that your claims that your poor performance on Digg must be
due to people being paid to bury were you were unsupported by the
evidence.

> Tim seems to know much better what is happening in my account in Digg (the

I know how to use a web site that reports Digg stats by user.  That's
how I know that of your last 50 comments, you got an average of 2.42
positive ratings (including the rating of 1 a comment starts with), and
6.92 negative ratings, for a net of -4.5.

Interestingly, everyone you claim is a troll there to stalk you has a
net positive rating.  Furthermore, you tend to do worse on stories that
get popular, and thus have more exposure to the general Digg population.

> trolls used to post some statistics here) and I imagine that the score he
> mentions above (I don't know what the comment is) is one of those where a
> ~10-line sig is appended to protest against Digg staff for not banning the
> COLA trolls (yet), who do nothing but attack me  (don't be misled. When they
> are not in COLA they do their shilling elsewhere). Anyway, not everyone is
> happy with that protest of mine -- a protest against slander and systematic
> modding down on my contributions (silencing attempts), so I'm modded down.
> They did the same thing to the profile in Google Groups.

Roy, you get dugg down on Digg becuase, among other reasons, you post
inaccurate information, you post off-topic information (pretty much
everything you post in the windows section, for example), you post
identical comments to multiple stories (it is called spam, Roy, and Digg
users don't like spam), you post many links to your own sites (but
criticize others who post links to their own sites), you call anyone
who disgrees with you a shill, and you appear to use automated software
to do some of your posting (and it is buggy software).