Re: [News] BBC Humiliated After Insulting Linux with Bald-face Lies

____/ Nigel Feltham on Wednesday 07 November 2007 09:05 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> BBC admits massive underestimate of Linux users
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The BBC has backtracked on claims that it has only hundreds of Linux
>> | users accessing its website.
>> `----
>
> I've had a thought about those wrong numbers - is it possible that some
> distro's send the distro name as part of the browser ID instead of the word
> 'Linux' and this has confused the numbers.
>
> Another possibility is they searched for the full string sent by Linux
> Firefox and so ignored all Konqueror users?

Yes, it's one among many other reasons. I wrote an article about it several
months ago.

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/print.php/3687616

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Othello: http://othellomaster.com
 10:05:01 up 7 days, 14:16,  3 users,  load average: 1.45, 1.69, 1.66