Re: [News] Microsoft/Novell Clone-ware the Wrong Route

____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 06 November 2007 05:03 : \____

http://www.beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2007/09/06/07/24/16-2-minutes-about-copernic

> Apparently this infection has been spreading for a while, starting as
> far back as April 2006:
> http://www.lyricswithoutmelody.org/beagle/?p=12
>
> No, actually *January* 2006:
> http://www.lyricswithoutmelody.org/beagle/?p=11
>
> I'm sure it's all just coincidental though.
>
> Once again, let me just extend my warm thanks, for your participation in
> poisoning the Free Software tree with Microsoft IP.

I don't want to write a long message about it and I haven't read the whole
thread, but quick two points I wish to make are:

1) The "retraction" term was used by de Icaza before. It seems like a
systematic method that reminds me Apple's and Microsoft's censorship.

2) I have caught Novell employees, including de Icaza, bending and twisting
bloggers' arms in the past, especially after they had said bad things about
Novell. In some cases, such bloggers were attacked by anonymous commenters. In
other cases, they do it by E-mail. I bet you a million bucks de Icaza still
sends E-mails to people. He asking for "retraction".

I have a lot more to say, but I know what I know about Mono and I'd rather than
just it with hyperlinks. Awareness about these issues must be raised before
it's /far/ too late.

For the record, I was a happy GNOME user for years. I haven't anything against
GNOME, but the 'poisonware' it gets through the Novell 'food funnel' is more
than a timebomb.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    X-No-Archive: No. Stand behind what you say
Mem:    515500k total,   443408k used,    72092k free,     1524k buffers