Re: [News] Microsoft/Novell Clone-ware the Wrong Route

Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

> I'm ashamed to be a part of a community where FUD slinging is
> acceptable (and in many cases, cheered).

You'll never make it out of cola alive.

> It's one thing to cheer for Free Software, it's another to FUD the
> competition/people who do not agree with you - even if they resort to
> mud slinging first, we mustn't ever stoop to that level - the people
> of the world are largely intelligent and will be able to see through
> the lies.

Lying "advocates" such as those found on comp.os.linux.advocacy don't care
that their lies are ridiculous and transparent.  They just spew them and
ignore the truth and spew them some more.

> We, the Free Software community, should present ourselves as moral and
> fair, not vengeful and deceitful.

In other words the Free Software community should hide half its true nature
(free software adherents aren't generally deceitful that I've seen, but
they're *extremely* nasty and vengeful little beasts).

> I believe that most of the Free Software community truly is moral and
> fair (otherwise I'd want no part in it anymore), but unfortunately it
> is the vocal minority that is ruining the Free Software community's
> reputation for all of us.

You hear that Roy [Homer] Kent Kohlmann 7 Rasker Ballard Gidget?  He's
talking to and about your kind.

> Thank you,
>
> Jeff (a Free Software developer since 1997)

Nice sentiments, but unrealistic I'm afraid.