Re: Microsoft does not care a hoot about small biz and home users

____/ *sling on Monday 05 November 2007 11:13 : \____

> "peterwn" <peterwn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> See:
>> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4261312a13.html
>>
>> "The XP downgrade option was available only to buyers of the business
>> version of Vista, said Rayner, because users of the home editions,
>> even if they were small businesses, would not be badly affected."
>>
>> Translated:
>> 1.  We are scared stiff that larrge corporates will go the Linux /
>> Open Office / ODF way if we continue to try and ram Vista down their
>> throats.
>> 2.  We do not care a hoot about small business / home users - they are
>> almost a captive market for our over priced under performing software
>> as long as we can keep the government / education / corporate market
>> tied up.
>>
>> "But he said any small business with difficulties over Vista should
>> contact the company. "
>>
>> Translated:
>> 1.  If you come to us on bended knees, we might just slip you an XP CD
>> under the counter.  We would not want you guys to form associations
>> and start ganging up on us.
>
> XP is available from Dell and other brands...  in America and till January
> 31st 2008.
>
> E. Scrooge

I suspect Microsoft had the extended (by 5 months?) due to backlash. That
happened about a month ago.

Maths applied to numbers is like logic applied to statistics. Statistics are
lies.
Mem:    515500k total,   235220k used,   280280k free,     3972k buffers