Re: [News] [Rival] LINUX Already Failing at the Olympic Games

"Rick" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 22:29:46 -0400, Enzyte Bob wrote:
>
>> "Rick" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> computers-crash-second

>>> www.tickets.beijing2008.cn

>>> Too bad you don't know what you are talking about:
>>>
>>> <http://www.betanews.com/article/
>>> Chinas_Olympics_Ticket_Sales_Crash/1193949030>
>>>
>>> "First-come, first-served ticket sales for the 2008 Beijing Olympics
>>> began and ended in one hour on Tuesday when the overwhelming demand
>>> crashed the server's database.
>>>
>>> Ticket sales for the Games were halted after demand proved to be far
>>> too much for the database to handle. The ticketing database could
>>> supposedly process 150,000 transactions an hour, but in just the first
>>> hour, the Games' site had 8 million hits, its hotline had 3.8 million
>>> calls, and 200,000 orders were taken from customers."
>>>

>>> Maybe you can tell us what distro they were using. Or what database? Or
>>> who wrote the applications that crashed.
>>>
>>> Or maybe you'd just like to lie some more.... "Bruce".
>>>

>> Glad that you agree that the headline that Roy Schestowitz posted
>> claiming that it's Windows that was crashing is complete and utter
>> bullshit and lies. As usual.
>
> Glad to see you are clueless. You may now explain how I can agree with
> something I didn't read.

Wow Rick. This thread has 5-6 posts in it. And you're telling me that you
are too stupid or lazy or both to read the post from Roy that started this
thread? You know... the lie^h^h^ post claiming that it was a Windows
machine that caused the web-site to get shut down.

>> Fact is that these crashing servers were running linux. Once again,
>> proving itself that it's incapable of getting the job done.
>
> Maybe you should read the articles instead of just lying, "Enzyte".

Tell that to the scumbag liar Roy Schestowitz who never bothered to read
the article and simply made up lies claiming it was Windows that caused the
failure.