[News] Windows Users Serve as "Pawns", Help Crackers

  • Subject: [News] Windows Users Serve as "Pawns", Help Crackers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 06:44:01 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
PC stripper helps spam to spread

,----[ Quote ]
| Spammers have created a Windows game which shows a woman in a state of
| undress when people correctly type in text shown in an accompanying image.

eBay tried to poretray Linux as a culprit (and got slammed for it).
The MSBBC said "Windows game". It no longer gives the impression
that "computer" == "Windows".

The whole situation has shades of:

Iowa antitrust case: Microsoft exec called software developers 'pawns'

,----[ Quote ]
| A Microsoft Corp. technical evangelist referred to independent software
| developers writing for Windows and the company's other software platforms
| as "pawns" and compared wooing them to convincing someone to have a one-night
| stand, according to testimony presented Friday against Microsoft in an
| ongoing antitrust case in Iowa.

The end of Windows, or a security expert gives up

,----[ Quote ]
| And then go and warn others to do the same. Windows is defeated - its days
| are over. It carries the worm inside. So whatever will happen next: RIP,
| Windows.

Gathering 'Storm' Superworm Poses Grave Threat to PC Nets

,----[ Quote ]
| Although it's most commonly called a worm, Storm is really more: a worm, a
| Trojan horse and a bot all rolled into one. It's also the most successful
| example we have of a new breed of worm, and I've seen estimates that between
| 1 million and 50 million computers have been infected worldwide.

Security expert: Storm botnet 'services' could be sold

,----[ Quote ]