[News] Revolusionary 3D Printer and Geek Squad in Open Source Mode

  • Subject: [News] Revolusionary 3D Printer and Geek Squad in Open Source Mode
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 06:39:21 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Fab at Home, Open-Source 3D Printer, Lets Users Make Anything

,----[ Quote ]
| They developed a low-cost, open-source fabbing system—Fab at Home—and
| encouraged experimentation by starting an online wiki for hobbyists. People
| report printing with everything from food (Easy Cheese, chocolate), to epoxy,
| to metal-powder-impregnated silicone to make conductive wires.
`----

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/industry/4224759.html

Open Source Alternatives To Geek Squad

,----[ Quote ]
| Now some people, like myself, prefer a real PC. Some of these same users may
| even be interested in seeing if Linux is a match for them. Because as far as
| I am concerned, there is no reason why someone should ever have to call for a
| software/malware related incident. And with a pre-installed Linux box,
| properly locked down, there doesn't have to be.
`----

http://www.intranetjournal.com/articles/200711/ij_11_01_07a.html

Related:

Desktop fabricator may kick-start home revolution

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.newscientisttech.com/article/dn10922-desktop-fabricator-may-kickstart-home-revolution.html#