Re: [News] [Rival] Roy Schestowitz the liar

"The Ghost In The Machine" <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Doug Mentohl
> <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote
> on Thu, 01 Nov 2007 14:46:25 +0000
> <fgcos1$ui$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Keith Windsor wrote:
>>
>>> Bullshit Roy Schestowitz. Your headline "Microsoft in the Midst
>>> of Lawsuit over Racist E-mails" falsely leads people to believe
>>> that Microsoft is the  one sending the racist emails  ..
>>
>> No really the text is quite clear in stating that MS is in the middle of
>> a lawsuit.
>

> MS is in the middle of many lawsuits, if I read Groklaw correctly.

Likely true. But let's talk about the specific one in this thread.

> I don't know which of them relate to loss of control of certain
> client computers (colloquially, zombies) that are later used
> to spew racist invective, attempting to falsely implicate the
> original owners of said computers.

This one has absolutely nothing to do with zobies spewing anything. It's
about someone who sent racist email to Merrill Lynch employees via Hotmail.
"Microsoft in the midst" means that they complied with a federal court order
to release the IP address of the account that sent the emails. The EXACT
SAME THING that Google did in a nearly identical case a few months ago. The
fact is that Roy Schestowitz the liar "crafted" the headline to make it
appear that Microsoft was involved with actual lawsuit or was somehow
connected to the racist email.

http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2006-07-28-n33.html

<quote>
Google Hands Over Gmail Account Info

If someone sends hate speech through Gmail, Google may hand out the account
information based on gov't requests - it happened in this case, eWeek
reports:

The [Federal] agents requested the records on June 22nd, 2006 after the
National Association of Colored People (NAACP) notified the FBI they had
received a threatening e-mail.

The recovered records included the offending e-mail, registration
information, session timestamps, and originating IP addresses for
amgonow@xxxxxxxxxx
</quote>