Re: [News] Microsoft Apologist Says Linux Will Dominate

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 20 November 2007 15:42 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 20 November 2007 09:22 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> He's being very cautious.  He speaks about the run up to "equal" usage,
>>> but neglects to mention what happens next.
>>
>> Under Zemlin's reign, that's the point when Microsoft joins the Linux
>> Foundation as a Gold Sponsor (think OSI). He would welcome them like Snow
>> White and the witch.
>
> Maybe, I really don't know.  I think that the Linux Foundation is trying
> to pilot a difficult course between the monopoly of Microsoft and the
> anarchy of the Free Software world.  Bear in mind that much of the
> target audience for LF is CIOs, many of whom have been at the brunt end
> of MS publicity for many years.  Probably the LF needs to sound
> cooperative...

Yes, I know, and you're right. I did recognise that in the past. Zemlin should
have called for "respect for Windows", not for Microsoft. Microsoft is a very
corrupt company because of the people who run it. There is nothing to respect
there.

Oh, look what .sig was drawn _at random_ this time. Perfect fit.

Microsoft loves competition.
"I’m thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past with anti-Linux. ...
they should do a delicate dance"
                --Joachim Kempin, Microsoft OEM Chief