[News] Free Software Foundation Goes Against Vicious Media Moguls

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Foundation Goes Against Vicious Media Moguls
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 04:30:37 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Free Software Foundation Creating RIAA Expert Witness Defense Fund

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/11/foundation-crea.html

Expert Witness Defense Fund for RIAA Cases Established by Free Software
Foundation

,----[ Quote ]
| The Free Software Foundation has announced that it has established an Expert
| Witness Defense Fund to assist defendants in RIAA cases, in order "to help
| provide computer expert witnesses to combat RIAA's ongoing lawsuits, and to
| defend against the RIAA's attempt to redefine copyright law."
`----

http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/2007/11/expert-witness-defense-fund-for-riaa.html

FSF against the Microsoft-like FUDmeister and manipulators of the creative
world. Microsoft is even a friend of the RIAA (and the likes of it).

Related:

Music industry meeting could change the Zune

,----[ Quote ]
| Bryan Lee, corporate vice present for Microsoft's entertainment
| business, told me today that the meeting was set up as part of the
| deal struck between Microsoft and music business honchos, who are
| always wary of piracy... The meeting was supposed to take place "some
| time after the holidays," he said. It also talks about the future
| of the zune.
`----

http://blogs.chron.com/techblog/archives/2007/01/music_industry_meeting_could_change_the_zune.html
http://tinyurl.com/y7z5wl

Microsoft may pay Zune tax twice

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's private deal with Universal Music to pay the record
| label a voluntary royalty of $1 for every Zune player it sells
| has raised eyebrows across both the technology and music
| industries. But it might not be the last payment Redmond owes
| from Zune, we've discovered.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/14/microsoft_zune_royalties/

Universal to seek money for each iPod sold

,----[ Quote ]
| "It would be a nice idea. We have a negotiation coming up not too
| far. I don't see why we wouldn't do that... but maybe not in the
| same way," Morris said. His "same way" comment is a reference tot
| he Zune, which Universal already gets $1 from after signing a deal
| with Microsoft.

A Legitimate Reason to Hate the Zune (And Microsoft Too)

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.applematters.com/index.php/section/comments/a-legitimate-reason-to-hate-the-zune-and-microsoft-too/