Re: [News] Free Software Foundation Goes Against Vicious Media Moguls

____/ Erik Jan on Tuesday 20 November 2007 11:17 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz had de volgende lumineuze gedachte op 20-11-07 05:30:
>
>> | Microsoft's move sets a bad precedent and turns all consumers into
>> | thieves without evidence.
>> `----
>>

> On the other hand, now that we have paid for it we are free to use it
> for whatever songs we want to use it for.

Therein lies the absurd. You pay for other people's violations or simply get
called a "thief!" when you hand in your debit card to pay for a Zune. I think
that only in France and Canada (maybe Denmark and Holland as well) does one
need to pay bland CD/tape tax. I'm not sure about USB storage devices, but I
think it's the same.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Ping this IP, see if it responds the second time"