Re: Channel 4 On demand

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 19 November 2007 09:27 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Monday 19 November 2007 08:44 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Don't forget that Ashley Highfield is ex-Microsoft anyway - he doesn't
>>> need a template - he's done this all his career.
>>
>> Really? I though that was just Erik Huggers and that other top exec. Wow!
>> Microsoft has /really/ infected the BBC. The Kool-Aid and the vanity is
>> running in their blood stream now. It's infectious or inherited.
>
> I was pretty certain... perhaps I've made an error here.

Oops. I think I've passed on that error moments ago. Never mind. Broken
telephone effect.

>> This Kool-aid that I speak about is well demonstared by a bunch uv' stories:
>>
>> Google Goes Globe-Trotting
>>
>> ,----[ Quoet ]
>>| "Google is so different that it was almost impossible to reprogram them
>>| into this culture," says CEO Eric Schmidt.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.newsweek.com/id/67919
>>

> <snip>
>
> People leaving Microsoft will surely have a difficult time adjusting to
> trying to work within a moral, ethical and legal framework which the
> rest of us would recognise.  One almost wonders if they won't suffer
> some kind of post-trauma stress, as they begin to realise just what
> they've been doing all these years.

Cringely had an excellent article last year about Softies who retire and hide
in the suburbs of Washington. They have guilt. They know what they have done.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
Tasks: 161 total,   1 running, 158 sleeping,   1 stopped,   1 zombie