Re: [News] Community Distro Beats 'Enterprise' Offerings, Linspire Ditched

____/ skydweller on Friday 16 November 2007 22:23 : \____

> On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 07:16:32 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> From Linspire to PCLinuxOS via Mandriva 2008
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Pretty good install, all the things I need working and as a bonus this
>> is the | only distro I have tried that will allow Audacity to run
>> concurrently with | other apps as well as allowing it to record and play
>> in the same session! `----
>>
>> http://www.planstoprosper.org.uk/index.php?itemid=33
>>
>> Another 'tamed' distribution that is enterprise class.
>>
>> Installing StartCom Enterprise Linux - A Red Hat AS-based distribution!
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | StartCom Ltd has announced the 5.0.1 update release of their popular
>> StartCom | Enterprise Linux two days ago and it brings the latest
>> technologies for any | mission-critical server deployments. If you want
>> to try this distribution and | don't know how to install it, here is a
>> step-by-step guide on how to achieve | that.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.softpedia.com/news/Installing-StartCom-Enterprise-
> Linux-70796.shtml
>>

>> Related:
>>
>> StartCom Delivers Free Enterprise Server
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The StartCom website has an active forum with sections dedicated to
>> specific | issues such as the StartCom Linux installation forum. Most of
>> the questions | posted to the site are answered the same day. The site
>> also has an FAQ and | provides a search capability for the forum
>> messages. StartCom offers customer | specific solutions as a paid
>> service if you need more than the free support. `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6422/1/
>>

>> StartCom MultiMedia Edition ML-5.0.6 (Kessem) Update RC1 released
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | We are pleased to announce the release candidate of version ML-5.0.6
>> of the | StartCom MultiMedia Edition codenamed "Kessem". `----
>>
>> http://forum.startcom.org/viewtopic.php?t=1241
>>

>> Old:
>>
>> StartCom Enterprise Linux (AS-4.0.4) - Update Release
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Ahead of a busy spring season and in anticipation of new StartCom |
>> Enterprise Linux AS-5 and StartCom MultiMedia Edition ML-6, comes an |
>> update release of the Advanced Server 4 series. The fifth release of |
>> this enterprise class operating system is the natural combined |
>> continuation of the previously released AS-4 distribution, whichw | ith
>> this update includes security related updates and minor | adjustments.
>> `----
>>
>> http://linux.startcom.org/?app=14&rel=24
>

> Sorry, I refuse to believe this.  DFS has repeatedly graced this newsgroup
> with tales of lamentation and woe regarding StartCom.  He wouldn't lie to
> us, would he?

They lie all the time. That's why it's important to use facts against them.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows: innovative VTP technology (Virus Transfer
Protocol)
 00:05:06 up 17 days,  4:03,  4 users,  load average: 2.13, 2.04, 2.11