[News] Community Distro Beats 'Enterprise' Offerings, Linspire Ditched

  • Subject: [News] Community Distro Beats 'Enterprise' Offerings, Linspire Ditched
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 07:16:32 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

,----[ Quote ]
| Pretty good install, all the things I need working and as a bonus this is the
| only distro I have tried that will allow Audacity to run concurrently with
| other apps as well as allowing it to record and play in the same session!
`----

http://www.planstoprosper.org.uk/index.php?itemid=33

Another 'tamed' distribution that is enterprise class.

Installing StartCom Enterprise Linux - A Red Hat AS-based distribution!

,----[ Quote ]
| StartCom Ltd has announced the 5.0.1 update release of their popular StartCom
| Enterprise Linux two days ago and it brings the latest technologies for any
| mission-critical server deployments. If you want to try this distribution and
| don't know how to install it, here is a step-by-step guide on how to achieve
| that.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Installing-StartCom-Enterprise-Linux-70796.shtml

Related:

StartCom Delivers Free Enterprise Server

,----[ Quote ]
| The StartCom website has an active forum with sections dedicated to specific
| issues such as the StartCom Linux installation forum. Most of the questions
| posted to the site are answered the same day. The site also has an FAQ and
| provides a search capability for the forum messages. StartCom offers customer
| specific solutions as a paid service if you need more than the free support.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6422/1/

StartCom MultiMedia Edition ML-5.0.6 (Kessem) Update RC1 released

,----[ Quote ]
| We are pleased to announce the release candidate of version ML-5.0.6 of the
| StartCom MultiMedia Edition codenamed "Kessem".
`----

http://forum.startcom.org/viewtopic.php?t=1241

Old:

StartCom Enterprise Linux (AS-4.0.4) - Update Release

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://linux.startcom.org/?app=14&rel=24