Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Sour Grapes (and CEO's Huge Mistakes)

____/ skydweller on Thursday 15 November 2007 23:26 : \____

> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:37:49 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Will the real Steve Ballmer please stand up?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | On October 1st, in an interview with the London Times, Microsoft's CEO
>> | declared social networking was a fad -- the kind that appealed to
>> younger | people.
>> |
>> | [...]
>> |
>> | Like it or not, and regardless of what Microsoft's Ballmer may really
>> think, | Facebook was worth the bet.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/why-facebook-worth-bet-microsoft/
> story.aspx?guid=%7B3CA71583%2D2706%2D48A2%2D9B8D%2DB5C81D96D825%
> 7D&siteid=yhoof
>> http://tinyurl.com/38x842
>>
>> Later Ballmer wonders why Google is so much ahead of Microsoft.
>>
>> Vista is another disaster that will cost Microsoft a lot in terms of
>> control and trust.
>>
>> Lessons learned from Vista
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The two main problems Microsoft seems set on avoiding with the next
>> version | of Windows, dubbed Windows 7, are fewer architectural changes
>> to Windows | itself and more realistic release schedule. |
>> | The amount of significant changes to the core OS were blamed for many
>> of | Vista's delays, as well as many of the compatibility problems with
>> existing | products. While Microsoft doesn't regret making these changes
>> to Vista (well, | so they say), they are not making changes on that
>> scale with Windows 7. `----
>
> Windows 7?  Now there's an interesting idea.  Does this mean "7" has sold
> out?  Noooo!  Windopws are dancing in the street!  Microshaft
> Asstroturfers rejoice!  Ya done good, boyz!

It's the 7th major version of Windows. They don't number them the same way
anymore. Well, I guess it makes Vista the "Windows 666".

.oʍʇ sɐ buıɥʇ ɥɔns ou s,ǝɹǝɥʇ 'ɹǝpuǝq 'ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop :ʎɹɟ
.oʍʇ ɐ ʍɐs ı ʇɥbnoɥʇ ı puɐ ...ǝɹǝɥʍʎɹǝʌǝ soɹǝz puɐ sǝuo .ɯɐǝɹp 1nɟʍɐ uɐ
ʇɐɥʍ 'ɥɥɥɐ :ɹǝpuǝq