[News] A Fedora Linux Monsterbuild in the Making, Fedora 8 Praised

  • Subject: [News] A Fedora Linux Monsterbuild in the Making, Fedora 8 Praised
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 02:21:13 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Fedora 8 Everything Spin Released!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora Unity Project is proud to announce the release of a new Everything
| Spin based on Fedora 8.
|
| The Fedora Unity Project is proud to announce the release of new spin, the
| Everything Spin. Included in this spin are all the packages available at the
| time Fedora 8 was released.
`----

http://fedoraunity.org/news-archives/fedora-8-everything-spin-released

Fedora 8 Test Drive

,----[ Quote ]
| I’m very happy with this Fedora release and the new Gnome is very promising
| and it’s extremely easy to use without separating the user from going deep
| into the system if he likes to. It has multiple “spins” (flavors) and you can
| create your own custom spin with a nice tool. for me it’s very stable till
| now and it has solved my DVD burner I/O problems completely and it saved
| power “GREATLY”. it stays running on my 12-Cell battery for 5:30 hours!
| Thanks for “powertop” from Intel for its utility and great thanks for the
| tickless kernel.
`----

http://www.ahmedsoliman.com/2007/11/15/fedora-8-test-drive/

Related:

Ubuntu outsells Vista Ultimate on Amazon

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu ranks #32 in sales, Windows Vista Ultimate ranks #93.
|
| If you guys want free chairs, you should check out the Redmond parking lot.
`----

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=318814

Ubuntu Ultimate Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| It seems the folk over at Ubuntu Software have released an ultimate
| edition of Ubuntu which is aptly called Ubuntu Ultimate Edition.
`----

http://www.ubufied.com/2007/01/28/ubuntu-ultimate-edition/

Create DVDs with All of Ubuntu's Packages

,----[ Quote ]
| The script promises to generate 4 DVD images (.iso files), and might
| require as much as 30 GB of hard disk space.
`----

http://ubuntu.wordpress.com/2006/12/11/create-dvds-with-all-of-ubuntus-packages/

Critics: Vista Ultimate's promised add-ons just broken promises

,----[ Quote ]
| Trouble is, according to critics like Scott Dunn, an editor with
| the popular "Windows Secrets" newsletter, Microsoft hasn't followed
| through. Since January, when Vista was released to consumers, no new
| finished Extra have been offered to Ultimate users.
`----

http://computerworld.com.my/ShowPage.aspx?pagetype=2&articleid=5464&pubid=4&issueid=115

Ubuntu Ultimate Edition CD 1.4 (Code Name: Gnarly Gnome)

,----[ Quote ]
| The version 1.4 (Gnarly Gnome) of what their creators have named
| "Ubuntu Ultimate Edition" is now released.
`----

http://www.go2linux.org/ultimate-ubuntu-edition-cd-1.4-gnarly-gnome

Ubuntu Ultimate Edition [Version 1.3 Just Released]

,----[ Quote ]
| Due to the popularity of Ubuntu Christmas Edition (~15,000
| downloads in 2 weeks) 1.2 has seen over 50,000 in 3 days.
`----

http://ubuntusoftware.info/ultimate/index.html

Old:

10 Days With Windows Vista Ultimate Edition

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.dailytechnobabble.com/2006/12/12/10-days-with-windows-vista-ultimate-edition/
http://tinyurl.com/tmsqf