[News] Free Software Mature Enough to Handle Professional Tasks, Including Publishing

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Mature Enough to Handle Professional Tasks, Including Publishing
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:29:10 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
A magazine about free software, made with free software

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux community members use Inkscape, OpenOffice, and other free tools to
| create a PDF magazine for readers in the former Yugoslav countries.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/110907-gnuzilla.html

Games, publishing, audio and film can all be handled by Free/Libre Open Source
software (more examples below).

Related:

Peach Open Movie

,----[ Quote ]
| As a follow-up to the successful project Orange's "Elephants Dream",
| the Blender Foundation will initiate another open movie project.
| Again a couple of the best 3D artists and developers in the Blender
| community will be invited to come together to work in Amsterdam on
| completing a short 3D animation movie.
`----

http://www.blender.org/blenderorg/blender-foundation/2007-plans

Crystal Space 3D