[News] Asterisk GNU/Linux Servers Sold Integrated

  • Subject: [News] Asterisk GNU/Linux Servers Sold Integrated
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:26:00 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
C3PC.com Servers Now Available with Elastix Asterisk and CentOS-based VoIP PBX

,----[ Quote ]
| New Ideas Corp. announced the availability of Elastix, an Asterisk and CentOS
| based VoiP PBX, preloaded on their custom built C3 PBX servers.
`----

http://www.c3pc.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=2

Set up and preconfigured. The same situation with Vyatta. Who needs to spend
money exclusively on Cisco gear nowadays? Only 'dinosaurs', who ought to lose
their jobs, according the the sources below.

Related:

Any CIO not using open source "should be fired": a conversation with CIOs

,----[ Quote ]
| Great stuff. Open source is changing the way we think about software, and our
| interactions with it. This is particularly true if you're a CIO.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9815015-16.html

Digium preps Asterisk Linux distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| "We developed our own GUI [which is] similar to Trixbox [distribution],
| but the purpose of AsteriskNow is to provide a distribution built
| around Asterisk technology so people can use it without the GUI," he
| said. "The GUI is the same as the Asterisk Appliance that looks
| like a Linksys router that runs Asterisk and has analogue ports."
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1047335524;fp;2;fpid;1

Linux dominating VoIP devices?

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech says its development framework and software stack for mobile
| devices was selected by Skype as the preferred platform for Skype-certified
| VoIP (voice-over-IP) phones. Additionally, the Qtopia framework/stack has
| been used in about 40 VoIP devices, making it the "dominant Linux
| development platform for VoIP/WiFi devices," according to Trolltech.

Digium Takes Best of Open Source Software Award

`----

http://www.voip-news.com/blog/20070918/digium-takes-best-of-open-source-software-award/