Re: 'Father of UNIX' Goes Open Source, Grid OS Revealed

____/ Ramon F Herrera on Thursday 15 November 2007 03:39 : \____

> It took Microsoft 30 years after Multics to achieve a multi-user,
> multi-tasking OS, but they haven't figured it how to do it well to
> this day.

>From what I have been reading (from kernel people), Vista's scheduler is
actually much worse than the one you have in XP (and probably earlier versions
too). It wasn't finished and it was poorly tested, apparently.

Microsoft ought to hurry up and get it sorted out. There are about 90 million
copies of the latest Vista alpha (they call it RTM, which stands for "Raw To
Medium") in store sheleves and warehouses with very angry (and broke) sales
people.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Mod me up and I'll mod you 'insightful'"
Tasks: 123 total,   1 running, 122 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie