Re: [News] New GNU/Linux Distro a Huge Success Just Days After Its Debut

____/ [H]omer on Thursday 15 November 2007 05:59 : \____

>> The little desktop Linux that came out of the blue
>
> Get it here:
>
> http://www.thinkgos.com/
>
> Hmm, "green".
>
> I prefer pitch dark, personally (easily changed of course).

Same here. Nice timely story by the way... changed distros 2-3 days ago...
installed KDE (takes just minutes on a high-speed ethernet)... uncompressed
the dot files to the home directory... start KDE... the whole SESSION was
restored... including colours, INDIVIDUAL APPS as they were last opened... all
of this despite the upgrade from 3.4.x to 3.5.6. Amazing! Saved me hours of
customisation.

Microsoft: a device for converting public ignorance into cash
roy      pts/3        cg093a.halls.man Thu Nov 15 08:15   still logged in