[News] New GNU/Linux Distro a Huge Success Just Days After Its Debut

  • Subject: [News] New GNU/Linux Distro a Huge Success Just Days After Its Debut
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:03:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The little desktop Linux that came out of the blue

,----[ Quote ]
| When a desktop Linux distribution suddenly becomes popular before even
| DistroWatch starts tracking it, you know you've got something special. One
| new Ubuntu-based distribution, gOS, has managed to capture users' attention
| purely by word of mouth over the Internet.

Will distributions like gOS bring the masses to Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Just a few comments I wanted to pass on as I follow the growth of Linux.
| Anytime we can bring another person into the Linux world is a plus and I feel
| gOS is just hit it right on the head of the nail. Good Luck gOS and I am glad
| you are here...
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=8319

Yesterday:

Wal-Mart's Ultra-Efficient Linux PC Sells Out

,----[ Quote ]
| Well...after all the naysaying, it took about a week for Wal-Mart's $200
| green Linux PC to sell out of their online warehouses. Of course, it probably
| isn't selling quite that fast in stores.
`----

http://www.ecogeek.org/content/view/1130/

$200 Everex gPC desktop featuring gOS proves to be popular

,----[ Quote ]
| That $200 Everex gPC that Walmart has been advertising has proven to be quite
| the hit in its online store, currently being out of stock but can still be
| picked up at select brick and mortar locations.
`----

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure
%20/2007/11/11/200-everex-gpc-desktop-featuring-gos-proves-to-be-popular/

Related:

Wal-Mart Starts Selling Linux PCs for $198

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9807133-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-5