[News] KDE 4 and Firefox 3.0 Shape Up to Look Great in Linux

  • Subject: [News] KDE 4 and Firefox 3.0 Shape Up to Look Great in Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:05:41 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
chinny chin chin [with screenshot]

,----[ Quote ]
| slept in today, then got up and did dishes and tidied the house up a bit. got
| to work on krunner issues, fixing some regressions that crept in recently.
| panels are coming along, though i spent most of yesterday working on kickoff
| issues. Wade pointed out vertical alignment issues and there's been lots of
| discussion on presentation issues. right now it looks like this on my machine
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2007/11/chinny-chin-chin.html

I think I'll install beta 3 later today (or maybe in the weekend).

Update on the Firefox 3 Linux Theme

,----[ Quote ]
| Work on the new linux theme for Firefox 3 is progressing nicely due to a very
| active group of contributers. To match the operating system’s theme,
| Firefox’s navigation toolbar will use native GTK icons.
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/faaborg/2007/11/13/update-on-the-firefox-3-linux-theme/

Related:

“Beautiful” tab switching for Firefox 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Performance-wise, CPU usage spiked from 2-3% to 45-50% during high speed tab
| switching (that is, I kept Ctrl + Tab pressed for a while), but immediately
| went back to previous cool 2-3% usage.
|
| Firefox 3 Beta 1 is expected within the next couple of weeks.
`----

http://cybercapital.org/index.php/2007/11/09/beautiful-tab-switching-for-firefox-3/

Firefox 3: Preview of the User Interface

http://www.techdo.com/?p=94

[KDE 4] More on Raptor

,----[ Quote ]
| Lately I have been researching a lot on usability and mostly the merits of
| Fitt's Law, the more I studied this law the more I believe that Raptor's
| approach to the issue is fundamentally correct.
`----

http://pinheiro-kde.blogspot.com/2007/11/more-on-raptor.html

Raptor! join the fun.

,----[ Quote ]
| What is raptor? Raptor is a an amazing project i have been working in the
| last few days. It trays to be a fresh new way of finding your desktop
| applications, and interacting with its users.
`----

http://pinheiro-kde.blogspot.com/2007/10/raptor-join-fun.html

KDE4 is Very Attractive

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE4 will be a big step towards an enterprise software business based on free
| software. The software on the big servers is there already, the desktop is
| next. - kdedevelopers blogs
`----

http://linux.wordpress.com/2007/08/01/kde4-is-very-attractive/

I have been playing with KDE lately.