Re: [News] [Rival] Has Microsoft Just Corrupted the Swiss System for Voting on OOXML (Monopoly Enabler)?

____/ [H]omer on Monday 12 November 2007 23:42 : \____

>> Swiss Cheese [for OOXML]
> [...]
>> http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-15521/swiss-cheese
>
> .----
> | Just yesterday I was sitting in the relevant meeting of SNV/UK14
> | (http://www.snv.ch/), that decides how Switzerland will vote. The
> | chairman (Hans-Rudolf Thomann) explained the following rules:
> |
> | - we are here to create standards, not to reject them
> | - if we reach consensus (>=75%) to vote for Microsoft, we will vote
> |   for Microsoft
> | - if we only reach a majority (>=50%) to vote for Microsoft, we
> |   will vote for Microsoft
> | - if we reach a majority to vote against Microsoft, we will vote
> |   for Microsoft
> | - if we reach consensus to vote against Microsoft, we will abstain
> `----
>
> That's a chilling speech.
>
> So much for the democratic process.
>
> I'm surprised the committee didn't just walk out. Isn't there some way
> they can vote the chairman off the committee? In fact, corruption of
> that degree should be prosecutable.

It's not corruption. It's Microsoft.

Microsoft loves competition.
"Fucking Eric Schmidt is a fucking pussy. I’m going to fucking bury that guy, I
have done it before, and I will do it again. I’m going to fucking kill
Google."
                --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO