[News] [Rival] Windows Vista Named a Failure

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Named a Failure
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:29:48 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Vista Has Failed: The Case For Windows XP SP 3.

,----[ Quote ]
| Just another huge Microsoft misstep considerably greater than the defunct and
| completely unmourned Windows ME, The S.S. Vista has more dinghys hitting the
| water than the Titanic. A surprisingly large number of people are "upgrading"
| back to XP (a not very simple prospect) and all the major computer
| manufacturers and retailers are rushing XP preloaded PCs back onto their
| catalogs and shelves.
`----

http://hubpages.com/hub/Vista_Has_Failed_The_Case_For_Windows_XP_SP_3

Funny pictures on page ("Windows Vista Ultimate Cr*p"). Also quite funny...

Vista (old):

http://www.photosharingworld.com/viewer.php?file=of2ie6gde0jkjqy2sbo5.jpg

Vista iPhone:

http://www.con-center.de/index.php?page=view&id=24a311532&name=windowsvistaiPhone.jpg

Recent:

This Just In: Vista Blows!

,----[ Quote ]
| Even more confusing, is that XP Pro with as close to identical permission as
| possible, logs the user in without a hitch. I did not think I’d live to see
| the day where I would be singing the praises of XP.
`----

http://brokertech.parallel42.ca/blog/?p=57

The Vista Death Watch

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has extended the life of Windows XP because Vista has simply not
| shown any life in the market. We have to begin to ask ourselves if we are
| really looking at Windows Me/2007, destined to be a disdained flop. By all
| estimates the number of Vista installations hovers around the number of Macs
| in use.
|
| How did this happen? And what’s going to happen next? Does Microsoft have a
| Plan B? A number of possibilities come to mind, and these things must be
| considered by the company itself.
`----

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2209837,00.asp?kc=PCRSS03079TX1K0000584

Why I feel Vista is as bad as Windows ME?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.moodyclouds.com/2007/11/07/why-i-feel-vista-is-as-bad-as-windows-me/