[News] Free Software Makes Self-tailored Office Suites Possible

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Makes Self-tailored Office Suites Possible
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 00:32:06 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
KOffice in educational settings.

,----[ Quote ]
| As I’ve been working on KOffice2 high-level design I had 2 user groups in
| mind, the lawyers office and the Kids “office”. The two extremes that I
| wanted to be able to both have a real use for KOffice. In the last days I
| finalized a plugin for KOffice that is targetted directly to the “kids
| office”
`----

http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2007/11/10/koffice-in-educational-settings/

New slideshows:

10 Things You Should Know About MS Office Alternatives

,----[ Quote ]
| There are plenty of great reasons to move to a competing office apps suite,
| but a successful switch will require substantial (though not prohibitive)
| preparation.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/slideshow/0,1206,a=218822,00.asp

Related:

Salesforce.com CEO: Customization is king

,----[ Excerpt ]
| Marc Benioff argues that Apex will let customers diverge further
| from one-size-fits-all hosted applications approach.
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-1012_3-6124153.html?part=rss&tag=6124153&subj=news

pen Source Database Management Systems: What the Pros Use

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/rsstory/57132.html