Re: [News] [Rival] BBC Starts Admitting Its MicrosoftiPlayer Mistakes

____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 10 November 2007 22:43 : \____

http://digital-lifestyles.info/2007/11/07/iplayer-bbc-does-want-open-platform-osc/

> They're sort of getting there, but I'm not sure I'd call the Microsoft
> browser a "platform" myself.  Have they really got the point here?

This is just diplomacy. There are two faces in the OSC. One wants to protest
and one negotiates. A protest without a solution isn't a productive one, so...

I think it's reverse psychlogy in a sense (I'm not sure it's the right term to
use on this context). It's used to pressure NVIDIA as well.

"NVIDIA really like Linux"

"NVIDIA mentioned open source yesterday"

"Open source NVIDIA drivers are just a matter of time"

"I predict that NVIDIA will go open next year"

"An NVIDIA executive says he loves (and used) Linux"

If you repeat this often enough, then you create expectation and then action
might follow.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
 00:00:01 up 11 days,  4:11,  3 users,  load average: 0.53, 0.53, 0.83