[News] Java is Truly Free in Fedora Linux (Iced Tea)

  • Subject: [News] Java is Truly Free in Fedora Linux (Iced Tea)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 04:10:56 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Iced Tea

,----[ Quote ]
| Java is a popular programming language used both on the desktop and the net.
| Until recently users who wanted to use just free software have had to
| struggle with partial support for Java, but now that Sun have begun freeing
| their Java implementation the way has opened for free software developers to
| create an entirely free implementation. This free Java, IcedTea, was shipped
| by default with Fedora 8, and so we talked to ThomasFitzsimmons, the lead
| developer behind this feature.
`----

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Interviews/ThomasFitzsimmons

Related:

Desktop Java and Desktop Linux: A Match Made in Heaven?

,----[ Quote ]
| It could be that desktop Java and desktop Linux are a match made in heaven.
`----

http://www.javalobby.org/java/forums/t91191.html

Apple's Leopard rejects latest version of Java

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/10/29/no_java_for_leopard/