Re: [News] A Look at OLPC laptops in Nigeria, Eee Impressed Also

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 18:47:26 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> You have to treat the root causes of poverty and hunger, not just
>> the symptom.
>
> Exactly. The main barrier is some people's reluctance to share. Large
> companies, for example, are simply unwilling to share the wealth, not just
> with those 'at the bottom', but also with foreign countries. As I've stated
> before, that's among the reasons for terrorism.

If you are are referring to terrorism by muslims, it's more religious than
it is about wealth. The 9/11 hijackers were mostly well off people from
Saudi Arabia. I suggest you read works by Robert Spencer as he dissects
the religious roots of terrorism.