Re: [News] Proof: Vista Boots Far More Quickly (2X) than Ubuntu linux

> Ubuntu vs. That Other OS
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Both machines have the same exact specs, both have been used for the
> same
> | time (to be fair I have tweaked the OS on the left quite a bit to
> optimize
> | it). Ubuntu is already idle by the time the video ends; while the other
> PC
> | takes 30 seconds more than what I've uploaded to idle the hard drive.
> `----
>
> http://blog.estebanglas.com.ar/2007/11/ubuntu-vs-that-other-os/

PROOF - Vista boots 2X as fast as Ubuntu

http://www.viperlair.com/articles/editorials/vista/versus/

"Vista is downright impressive, you barely have time to get a soda (or beer
:p). If you think the boot time is impressive, you should see the wake time.
I swear its instantaneous, you press the power button from Vista being
asleep, and there is the login screen; VERY impressive."