Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 00:10:23 +0100, Peter Kränkwonov<pkoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>flatfish <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:53:28 +0100, Peter Kränkwonov<pkoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>>>Not good. What were they thinking to steal other people's code? This is
>>>big problems for OLPC.
>>
>> That's what SOME Linux people do.
>>
>> Ask Roy Schestowitz about using graphics without an author's
>> permission and then continuing to use said graphics even after being
>> notified.
>>
>> It took a cease and desist order to get Roy Schestowitz to remove the
>> copyrighted graphics from his web page.
>>
>> It's all in google.
>
>I found this where Roy appears to help people against thieves. Did you
>mean this?
>

>http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t162025-prevent-copying-web-pics-help.html
>
>"There are measures you can take to more it /more difficult/ for users to do
>that. You can also weed out more mediocre users, but you can never prevent
>anything once it goes public."
>
>I suppose he could be showing off that he can't be stopped if he
>setts his mind to it I guess.

Look here:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.os.linux/browse_thread/thread/ad7952194e323f42
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/browse_thread/thread/e8c5347cf29e598a/dbb4e98895553672?q=pirate&;

Roy Schestowitz is all about Roy Schestowitz.
He is an opportunist who will take any road that will promote himself.

Do the research and you will reach the conclusion that most
intelligent people have reached: Roy Schestowitz is a fraud and a paid
spammer.