[News] [Rival] More Windows Vista Disappointements, Random Reboots

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] More Windows Vista Disappointements, Random Reboots
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 08:45:46 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Random Windows Restarts can leave you clueless- Learn how to repair a computer
that keeps restarting.

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows Restarts can be sudden and without warning. Windows XP and Vista are
| configured detect and repair errors automatically. However, this wonderful
| feature is far from perfect. Often with no warning your system simply
| restarts. No error message can leave the user clueless to what the next step
| should be. An error that cause Windows automatic restarts usually goes by the
| name of a fatal error.
`----

http://www.delete-computer-history.com/windows-restarts.html

Is Vista Really That Good?

,----[ Quote ]
| I fight everyday with Vista, I have little victories, but it is a pitched
| battle and the eventual victor is yet unclear. I do not think I will be
| declaring Vista ready for the enterprise just yet, so unless you find it
| foolishly thrust into your lap, I would recommend to continue giving it a
| wide berth. I have even heard rumour that Dell will extend the time line for
| offering XP as an alternate OS on some of it’s product lines. That, right
| there, says it all.
`----

http://brokertech.parallel42.ca/blog/?p=58

Even Windows ME didn't have so much dissent.

Related:

Tesco sell computers with Ubuntu pre-installed - Linux on the up?

,----[ Quote ]
| Tesco is the world's third largest grocery retailer, and also sells
| everything from clothes to electrical equipment.
`----

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure
%20/2007/10/21/tesco-sell-computers-with-ubuntu-pre-installed-linux-on-the-up/

Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista SP1 is code named "Fiji", presumably after a pretty looking
| island which is paralysed by coups.
|
| In a statement regarding the service pack Microsoft admits that
| Vista has "high impact" problems.

Microsoft Vista Waster

,----[ Quote ]
| Computer and software manufacturers have turned computers from a convenient
| tool to a means of dictating to us what to buy next.
`----

http://flyingimam.blogspot.com/2007/09/microsoft-vista-waster.html

Why the Unbundling Windows Sceptics are Wrong

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.cybersource.com.au/users/conz/why_the_unbundling_windows_sceptics_are_wrong.html